Thursday 1 November 2012

Student of the Year director Karan Johar in love with filmmaking

Karan johar
Karan johar
Being one of the most eligible bachelors in town isn’t easy, particularly when you’re a successful filmmaker who regularly steals hearts with his films. Dharma Productions chief has been pestered time and again to spill the beans on his relationship status and his plans to tie the knot. Now 40 and at the prime of his career, Karan Johar however has shown no inclination towards anything of the sort. He continues to profess his undying love for filmmaking. Quoting Karan, "I just want to make films... My office has become my family. People who work in my office have become my world. I really don't feel the need for anyone."

Known for his romantic and glamorous films, Karan Johar has expressed his thoughts on bachelorhood before, preferring to be single and give his full-hearted attention to what he does best, making films! "My mother is the most happy that I am not married, as she does not need to share her jeweler with anyone," jokes Karan. More often than not however, the director chooses to remain tight-lipped about his personal relationships. “I have invariably been in love when I haven't had the same reciprocated emotion at all. I don't choose to talk about my personal life because I believe that I don't want to and I believe my personal life is personal.”

That however doesn’t keep him from stating that he does hope to find love eventually and nurture a relationship. “I hate walking into an empty bedroom at night. There're large lonely moments. Fortunately, I've the best relationship possible with my mother. That makes up for every relationship I don't have. Of course, I'd love to be in a relationship. But it has to be one I completely believe in," says Karan Johar.

His latest release titled Student of the Year is a campus romance starring Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt. The film hit cinema screens on the 19th of October, 2012, and has been giving the box office a hay day since its release.

No comments:

Post a Comment