Monday 12 November 2012

Kayoze Irani’s performance in Karan Johar’s Student of the Year impresses all!


Karan Johar’s most recent release titled Student of the Year has turned the limelight on a host of newcomers. The new film, also Karan’s fifth directorial venture, stars newcomers Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt. The film is a campus-romance that follows the lives of the leading trio who play students at a prestigious school.

And launching the careers of Siddharth, Varun and Alia wasn’t all Karan has done with this film. Student of the Year also features actor Boman Irani’s son, Kayoze Irani in an exceptionally well-performed role. Kayoze’s performance in the film has earned him a load of acclaim from the industry, fans as well as critics. "The response has been overwhelming. Having everyone from the film industry congratulate me was a surreal experience. If I try recollecting what Mr Amitabh Bachchan had to say about me, I blank out. I was actually star struck. And when he wrote about me on his site, it felt great," said Kayoze. This is the young and promising actor’s first big-screen appearance and Student of the Year marks his debut with Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt.

Speaking about just how he bagged a role in the film, Kayoze articulated, “I was actually working as an assistant director to Shakun Batra for Ek Main Aur Ek Tu, which was being produced by Karan. One day, he walked up to me and said you're acting in Student of the Year. I was aghast as I'd never thought of myself as an actor and told Karan the same, that I don't know how to act. He just said reassuringly, 'I'm there', adding 'genes bhi kuch rahega na'." And this certainly isn’t the first time Karan has roped in assistant directors working for Dharma Productions. Siddharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan too have worked as assistant directors to Karan Johar for the film My Name Is Khan.                               

Catch Kayoze Irani’s spectacular performance in Karan Johar’s Student of the Year with Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt.

No comments:

Post a Comment