Thursday 29 November 2012

“I have landed a dream debut”, says Siddharth Malhotra

Siddharth Malhotra has wooed the audiences with his fantastic performance in the recently released film, Student of the Year. A Karan Johar directorial venture, the film hit cinema screens on the 19th of October, 2012, and has been on just about everyone’s lips these days. The film has shot its three young lead debutants to fame. Starring Siddharth Malhotra alongside Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt in the lead, the film is a campus romance.
Siddharth Malhotra

"Sometimes, I'm a bit nervous. But at most times, I'm confident. I have landed a dream debut. Karan, according to me, has the safest pair of hands in the film business”, said Siddharth Malhotra for who, this film was more than just a dream debut! The young actor first began his career walking the ramp for the likes of Manish Arora, Manish Malhotra and Rohit Bal. Siddharth has on previous account also won the Gladrags Face of the Year 2009 award and the NDTV Model of the Year 2010.

He then moved to Mumbai for an audition of a film that failed to take off. After this, Siddharth took up a job as an Assistant Director to Karan Johar for the film My Name is Khan in 2010. While working for the film, he gained recognition and caught Karan’s eye. The director then handpicked this lucky youngster for a leading role in Student of the Year. Quoting Siddharth, One day, I was assisting Karan on My Name is Khan, and now I'm the leading man of Student of the Year. I have to pinch myself to believe this is for real.”
In the film, Siddharth plays the role of Abhimanyu Singh aka Abhi, a middle class boy who enrolls at a prestigious school on a sports scholarship. At the school he falls in love with Shanaya Singhania (Alia Bhatt) only after first befriending her boyfriend Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan), the son of a business tycoon. This results in a teenage love triangle. The film also stars Rishi Kapoor essaying the role of a gay school dean named Yogendra Vasisht

No comments:

Post a Comment