Saturday 17 November 2012

“Age doesn't matter," says Karan Johar’s newbie, Alia Bhatt


Alia Bhatt has been shot into the realm of stardom with her fabulous and successful debut, Karan Johar’s most recent release titled Student of the Year. The Bhatt girl stars in the film’s lead alongside two more debutants, Siddharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan, both of who vie for her attention in this campus romance. The 19-year-old is the daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan and hails from a strong filmy background, with Pooja Bhatt for an elder sister.

Being young and a fresher hasn’t kept Alia Bhatt from proving her worth in front of the cameras however. "There are actresses who started working at a very young age. Like my sister (Pooja Bhatt) started working when she was 17. So age doesn't matter," articulates Alia. "I had decided to become an actress when I was much younger. It was a conscious decision. I just didn't know it would happen as soon as I finish my college".

Despite being from one of the most illustrious families in B-town, Alia chose to launch her career with Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions instead. If a doctor’s son wants to be a doctor, he’s sent to a medical school to study. In the same way, I want to go out and study acting for myself. If I had started off with my father’s film, it would’ve all been too easy,” says Alia.

And yes, Alia wasn’t handpicked for this Karan Johar directorial venture. Instead, the pretty young actress was required to audition for the film to prove her knack for the big screen. "I had decided that I would not start off with my father's production only because it's an easier option. For this film, I had to work for it, like lose weight, prove myself, etc. There were around 500 girls who had given the auditions along with me."

Catch Alia Bhatt as the campus sweetheart Shanaya Singhania in Karan Johar’s Student of the Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment