Wednesday 7 November 2012

Karan Johar’s Student of the Year, a big opportunity for Varun Dhawan

Varun Dhawan
Varun Dhawan
With the recent release of his debut film, Varun Dhawan has taken his first steps to stardom, sharing screen space with newcomers Siddharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt in the Karan Johar film, Student of the Year. The young actor is the son of Bollywood director David Dhawan and the brother of Desi Boyz-director, Rohit Dhawan. Talented and in essence the perfect material for a star in the making, Varun Dhawan is one of the lucky few to be launched by one of B-town’s biggest production houses, Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions.

And as expected, the 24-year-old is ecstatic about his big-screen debut. “To get so much of love from people is surreal. I’m happy that SOTY has done well. But I’m also aware of the fact that I might not get such a big opportunity every time”, says Varun. Being from a family of filmmakers however, Varun chose to be launched from a production house away from home. “My father is a very serious filmmaker. He may have made comedy films, but he takes the art of filmmaking seriously. I’m sure they will offer me a film only when they think I suit the role.” Speaking about Rohit Dhawan, Varun went on to articulate, “I never even thought about bagging the film. My brother Rohit did make me think about it. Also, being a director, he knows the kind of performance Karan wants from his actors and how they need to be up to the mark."

In Student of the Year, Varun plays Rohan Nanda, the attention-deprived son of a business tycoon. Rich and influential, Rohan uses his charm around the campus and is portrayed to be dating Alia Bhatt’s character, Shanaya Singhania.

Karan Johar’s Student of the Year with Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt released on the 19th of October, 2012, and is currently soaring high at the box office!

No comments:

Post a Comment