Thursday 22 November 2012

Acting was Student of the Year star Varun Dhawan’s dream


There has been a load of speculation lately about newcomer Varun Dhawan’s plans to work in a film directed by his father. After having recently debuted in Karan Johar’s Student of the Year, Varun has quickly turned into one of Bollywood’s most sought-after newcomers. The young actor has been quizzed time and again about his plans for upcoming movies. Varun has however stayed tight-lipped, not choosing to divulge any of his plans to the masses.

Speaking about his father, the veteran filmmaker David Dhawan and his own recent debut in Student of the Year, Varun articulated, “My dream was to get into acting, but I couldn’t tell my father. It used to make me uncomfortable. When I was 16, I told him that I want to be an actor and he said, ‘Become one,’ in serious tone. I started thinking what to do and my mother told me not to expect any help.”

Despite being from a strong filmy background, Varun chose to be launched by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions, a banner away from home, hoping the experience would help tailor him into a better actor. "My father didn't even discuss with either me or my brother Rohit about making us an actor or director respectively. You look at his record, he has made 40 films and still hasn't launched a single newcomer," said Varun, adding, "That is the way he has always worked and this is the reason why from day one I knew that if I had to enter the film industry or any other line, I would have to make my own path".

In Student of the Year, Varun plays the role of Rohan Nanda, the swaggering son of a business tycoon. Speaking about his role in the film, Varun said, “I play the role of Rohan Nanda, who associates himself with Delhi’s high society and is well connected. Very pampered and a bit sunky, he always does everything differently. He is grey at places. But he is very simple from his heart. The emotions are simple and anyone will be able to relate to him”.

No comments:

Post a Comment