Thursday 13 December 2012

Siddharth Malhotra, Karan Johar’s latest find, is pleased with his big-screen debut

Siddharth Malhtora
Star-material is not easy to find. One such jewel in the crowd however is Karan Johar’s newest find, Siddharth Malhotra. The young actor has recently made his debut with Karan’s campus-romance, Student of the Year, alongside Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan. A model-turned-actor with no previous experience on the big-screen or a filmy background, Siddharth Malhotra has managed to grab the spotlight and make a memorable debut.

Siddharth began his career as a model in Delhi before moving to Mumbai to audition for a film directed by Anubhav Sinha. The film however failed to take off and Siddharth moved on to working as an assistant director for Karan Johar for the film My Name is Khan. “I came to Mumbai to be an actor. I was modelling in Delhi with my agency and then came to Mumbai for a film to be directed by Anubhav Sinha after Cash. It was being produced by Adlabs. My parents were surprised and I had to show them my contract but luckily that film never took off,” says Siddharth adding, “That's when I thought to stay back and try a bit out in the B-town. If it wasn't for the money I earned from my first producers for the film that didn't take off, I wouldn't have been here in Mumbai. That had to happen for me to come here. For me to try, I had to know how the film fraternity functions. So that's where assisting came up and I got My Name Is Khan.”

While working for My Name is Khan, his knack for movies was noticed by Karan Johar who handpicked Siddharth for the role of Abhimanyu Singh in Student of the Year. The plot revolves around a middle-class boy who enrolls at the prestigious St. Teresa’s School where he meets Shanaya Singhania (Alia Bhatt) and her boyfriend Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan). Abhi befriends Rohan and winds up falling in love with Shanaya, causing a love triangle to ensue.
The film released on the 19th of October, 2012 and also includes veteran actor Rishi Kapoor playing the role of a gay school dean named Yogendra Vasisht.

9 comments:

  1. all the best Karan and siddharth..u guys rock together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karan Johar needs to be given credit for introducing Siddharth Malhotra in Student Of The Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved him in the movie, he is going to be the next big thing in Bollywood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siddharth Malhotra is indeed awesome! He has been fabulous in the film!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic actor, overshadowed everyone in the movie. great job. I hope he does well

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't be surprised if he gets all the awards this year, Siddharth is an awesome actor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to Karan Johar for providing such a brilliant platform for Siddharth Malhotra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even we are pleased with Sidharth Malhotra's debut film & his acting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Siddharth = My own personal heaven. Thank you Karan Johar!

    ReplyDelete