Thursday 6 December 2012

Siddharth Malhotra makes his mark on the big-screen with Student of the Year

Confidence is the key to success, and newcomer Siddharth Malhotra seems to understand that fact well enough! Making his debut in the recent Karan Johar release titled Student of the Year; Siddharth has left the audience baffled with his fantastically unscarred performance in the film. starring alongside Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt, both of who have also made their debut with this campus romance, Siddharth has managed to grab hearts with his first appearance on the big-screen and is being termed as one of the most sought-after newcomers of contemporary cinema.

Siddharth began his career in Delhi, walking the runway for several fashion designers including Manish Arora, Manish Malhotra and Rohit Bal. His Bollywood dreams brought him down to the bustling city that never sleeps, Mumbai. “When I was in Delhi I was modeling with an agency called Elite. From there I auditioned for a film to be made by Anurag Sinha, produced by Adlabs etc. so I came to Mumbai with a big high. The film never really took off. Then I thought since I want to get into films let me learn how it’s made. So assisting came up.”

Siddharth jumped aboard the Dharma Productions brigade, working as an Assistant Director to Karan Johar for the film My Name Is Khan. “When I joined Dharma Productions I was hoping to become either an actor or a filmmaker. It wasn’t a choice. I couldn’t launch myself. Luckily I became an actor. If I wasn’t acting right now then in the next three years I would’ve tried for becoming a director”, said Siddharth, whose knack for movies was noticed by Karan Johar, leading him to bag a role in Student of the Year.

In Student of the Year, Siddharth plays Abhimanyu, a middle class boy who enrolls at a prestigious school and befriends the campus sweetheart Shanaya Singhania (Alia Bhatt) and her boyfriend Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan). This results in a love triangle that forms the premise of this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment