Monday 3 December 2012

For Karan Johar, family comes first!

Karan Johar is known for creating films revolving around family life, love and relationships. Having directed the films Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2001), Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006) and My Name Is Khan (2010), Karan has carved a mark for himself as the director of some of the most heart-touching films created. Recently, he pulled the veil off a campus-romance starring newcomers Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt. Titled Student of the Year, the film managed to grab the imagination of the audiences and struck a chord as always.
Karan Johar

It takes a certain emotion to roll out films that connect this well with the audiences and Karan Johar seems to know best. The director spent his younger years as an introverted teenager, opening up to the world only later on to become one of the most successful directors of contemporary cinema. “I had problems with my weight and other children would make fun of me. I had asthma which meant I couldn’t play sports. So, I took it all to my heart so much that I became depressed and introverted. I was extremely shy to the extent of madness where I wouldn’t step out of my house!”

The director has hallways held the importance of one’s family in high regard. For him, his mother tops the list of his priorities. In his past, the director turned to his parents for guidance and continues to do so even today, sharing a close relationship with his mother. “My mother told me: no matter what you do, don’t be mediocre”, said Karan in an interview recently. “So, whether it is a film I am making or an interview I am giving, I ensure I give it my all.”

The wisdom this multifaceted director has gained from his parents is now passed down by him to the newcomers in B-town who’re known to look up to Karan Johar for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment