Sunday 9 December 2012

Siddharth Malhotra ecstatic about his recent debut in Student of the Year

Siddharth Malhotra
Young blood Siddharth Malhotra has been enjoying the success of his debut film, Student of the Year. A Karan Johar directorial venture, the film has launched Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt. The young actors have been ecstatic about the film’s success, particularly Siddharth for who this is indeed a completely new experience. Unlike his costars, Siddharth does not hail from a filmy background. While Alia Bhatt’s father is the illustrious filmmaker, Mahesh Bhatt; Varun Dhawan is the son of the veteran director, David Dhawan. Siddharth hails from the modeling industry and was previously a model for several fashion designers including Manish Arora, Manish Malhotra and Rohit Bal.

After moving to Mumbai and auditioning for a film that failed to take off, Siddharth took up a job as an assistant director to Karan Johar for the film My Name Is Khan. Here, his affinity for the silver screen was noticed by Karan, who handpicked him for a role in Student of the Year. The young actor is now extremely pleased with the reception his debut film has received. “It is like a dream come true for me also. I am indeed happy but now I will have to keep my folks and my fans too happy. After watching the movie, my nani asked me ‘kya tune really us ladki ko kiss kiya yah fir it was a fake scene?’ (Did you really kiss that girl or was it a fake scene). On learning the truth, she got angry with me. Anyway, as an actor we have to keep everyone happy. I hope I can do so in the future too.”

In Student of the Year, Siddharth Malhotra plays the role of Abhimanyu Singh aka Abhi, an ambitious middle-class boy who enrolls at a well-heeled school in Dehradun. Here, he falls in love with Shanaya Singhania (Alia Bhatt) and befriends her boyfriend Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan), causing a love triangle that forms the premise of this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment