Thursday 13 December 2012

Karan Johar beats down gay rumors; prefers staying single and married to work

Karan Johar
He has directed five films, produced a ton more and has launched the careers of several directors and a bunch of fresh new actors. All of this certainly makes a man popular and Dharma Productions honcho Karan Johar certainly is one of the most recognizable faces in Bollywood. When a man is this famous, you’d expect the world to try and seek information on his personal life! Karan Johar has indeed been asked about his relationship status and his life away from the world of movies. The director, not one to divulge too much, has kept his private life under wraps more often than not.

"I am not currently in love. I am too worried to commit. I have not been in a relationship", said Karan Johar in an interview with talk-show host Simi Garewal. Speaking his mind about Bollywood relationships and friendships in the industry today, Karan said, “It's a dinosaur, umm, it's definitely a dying breed because I don't think people have the bandwidth emotionally to sustain friendships in our industry. You cannot have an equal connection with anyone. Somewhere if you play the subservient part you maintain a friendship - there is no such thing as an equal friendship. Two powerful people cannot be friends”.

And that’s not all he’s had to say! When further asked about the rumors about his sexual orientation, Karan articulated, "It doesn't bother me when people talk about my bisexual orientation. Obviously if I am 39 and single people will question me. Why should I say I am not gay or I am not bisexual or trisexual?" For him, the tittle-tattle that surrounds his personal life is not something that’ll affect his passion for movies or his work as a whole. The director has previously stated that he is currently married to his work and prefers staying so, doing what he does best – making movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment