Tuesday 11 December 2012

Karan Johar speaks about his view on dating and prefers staying single!

Filmmaker Karan Johar has been constantly pestered to divulge information about his love life to the masses. And it certainly isn’t surprising, given the fact that he is indeed one of the most eligible bachelors today. The director-producer and head of Dharma Productions has been enjoying a successful career with just about every film he lays his hands on turning into blockbusters. After having directed the films Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2001), Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006) and My Name Is Khan (2010), all of which were huge hits at the box office, Karan Johar recently unveiled his fifth directorial venture titled Student of the Year. As always, this film too has turned into a benchmark, driving audiences to cinema screens across the country.

At the Marrakech International Film Festival where a number of his films were shown, paying tribute to Indian cinema, Karan Johar went on to state, "I am single and not ready to mingle. I am wedded to work and my kind of love doesn't exist." The director-producer has spent most of his time tied up with his passion for films and keeps himself busy with the same, staying a step away from the world of dating and relationships.

“Right now I am not ready for any kind of relationship as I am too used to my independence. Marriage is a definite no-no. I am totally married to my company. Emotionally, my mother fills up the void in my life. So there it is. My company is a spouse I will never cheat on, and my mother completes me as a son. I think I have a full family unit of my own. I am happy probably because I am single. Let’s face it, how many married people are really happy? Just kidding (laughs)!” said Karan.

As for his most recent film, Student of the Year, this campus romance includes Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt, all of who have made their Bollywood debuts with the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment