Thursday 18 October 2012

Student of the Year director Karan Johar prefers staying single!

Karan Johar
Director-producer Karan Johar has been pestered for spills and leaks in regards to his personal life. Silent and with lips sealed shut, the veteran director has chosen to keep his life at home away from his profession of making movies. A filmmaker unlike any other, Karan Johar started directing movies over a decade ago and has rolled out one blockbuster after another, with each of his films managing to give the box office a hay day. Now 40 and cool, composed and mature as ever, Karan Johar has in the pipeline yet another film titled Student of the Year. A campus-romance and Karan’s first with a newcomer cast, the film stars Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt in the lead.

When asked to articulate his thoughts on marriage in a recent interview with Hindustan Times Café, Karan Johar said, “I believe there are some really beautiful and immaculately solid marriages still! In fact I know how much my father meant to my mother. What a beautiful marriage they had and I am blessed to have grown up in such a marriage. I feel what a spouse can do for you, no child or parent can. Just that if you get the right connect with your spouse, you get it going right.” There have been rumors of the director tying the knot before, all of which however were later confirmed to be untrue.

Karan has also previously stated that being single has kept him happier. Quoting Karan Johar in regards to this, “Right now I am not ready for any kind of relationship as I am too used to my independence. Marriage is a definite no-no. I am totally married to my company. Emotionally, my mother fills up the void in my life. So there it is. My company is a spouse I will never cheat on, and my mother completes me as a son. I think I have a full family unit of my own. I am happy probably because I am single. Let’s face it, how many married people are really happy? Just kidding (laughs)!”

Karan Johar’s Student of the Year will mark the debut of Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt and will release on the 19th of October, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment