Tuesday 26 February 2013

Karan Johar’s protégé and Student of the Year star, Alia Bhatt, speaks about her debut!

Karan Johar’s discovery, Alia Bhatt, has given teenage girls a new idol to look up to. At the tender age of 19, this young actress who hails from one of Bollywood’s most prominent families, Alia seems to have achieved it all! The young actor is the daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and the sister of actress Pooja Bhatt. Making her debut in Karan Johar’s Student of the Year alongside newcomers Siddharth Malhotra and David Dhawan, Alia has been enjoying a lot of attention lately!

Speaking about just how she bagged the role for the film, Alia Bhatt recently stated in an interview, “I got a call from Dharma Productions asking for my pictures. Then I met Karan Johar and he asked me to audition for the role. By then Varun Dhawan and Siddharth Malhotra were already on board. Karan told me I had to lose weight. He put me on a diet program with Zarine Watson. Five months later we did a test shoot. I still remember the day when Karan gifted me this giant cup cake. I was busy gorging on it, when he told my mom that he would be directing the film and wanted me for the lead role.”

After a successful debut, Alia has been rumored to be dating Varun Dhawan. The actress has denied this gossip of a boyfriend however, saying, “I don’t really care about people discussing my personal life. I’m fond of Varun and Sid but no I’m not going out with either. And no, I have no boyfriend in Bandra. A boyfriend doesn’t really fit into my scheme of things right now. My boyfriend is Student of the Year,”

No comments:

Post a Comment